The Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe has resumed community spay/neuter surgeries at the shelter clinic. We appreciate your patience as we provide support for our community members with the highest need.
*In order to accomodate our income-based spay/neuter program during COVID-19, our free Pitbull/Chihuahua program and free Veteran programs are suspended indefinitely. Low-cost vouchers will still be provided for income-qualifying community members.
In the meantime, please make sure you understand the income and vaccination requirements and how the program works. Please take extra care to avoid other unaltered pets, and to closely monitor your pets to ensure no unwanted litters occur. If you’re able to make an appointment with a private Veterinarian, we encourage you to do so as the wait time for this program will be delayed.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate the consequences of this global pandemic.
- This program is available to qualifying permanent residents of Eastern El Dorado County, Eastern Nevada County, Eastern Placer County, Incline Village, Sierra County, or South Lake Tahoe from Glenbrook to Meyers.
- This program is for dogs and cats.
- Since the programs funds are limited, we ask that the voucher be used only by pet owners who cannot afford the surgery without assistance. Your application must be filled out in its entirety in order to be considered.
- Income-based programs may require proof of household income with most recent W-2 form(s), IRS Form 1040, or SSI/SSA form.
- In general, this is a one-time use program. Additional vouchers for individuals will be provided on a case by case basis. If spay/neuter surgery is not in your budget, please consider adoption from the shelter, where all pets are already altered.
- Applicants who will be seen at the Truckee Animal Shelter must be current on required vaccinations; for dogs - RABIES, DAPP & BORDETELLA for cats - RABIES, FVRCP.
You must fill out and submit a separate form for each pet.
Please fill in the information below: