FREE Pit Bull/Chihuahua Spay/Neuter Application
This FREE spay/neuter program is for dogs labeled as Pit Bulls or Chihuahuas, as their identifying or primary breed. Determining whether your dog is a Pit Bull/Chihuahua will be at the sole discretion of our staff. Documentation of breed history can be provided, but the final decision will be made by staff. (If your dog's primary breed would not be labeled Pit Bull or Chihuahua in a shelter setting, DNA testing that reveals less than 50% Pitbull or Chihuahua ancestry will not qualify for this program). Eligible owners of all other breeds can apply for our affordable Community Discount Spay/Neuter program.
- Your application must be filled out in its entirety in order to be considered.
- This program is available to permanent residents of Truckee, Eastern El Dorado County, Sierra County, Incline Village, Eastern Placer County, Eastern Nevada County and South Lake Tahoe from Glenbrook to Meyers.
- All surgeries are carried out at the shelter clinic in Truckee; vouchers are not provided for other Veterinary Hospitals for the Pitbull/Chihuahua program.
Surgery intakes are at 8:00AM and are scheduled by appointment only.
- Dogs must be current on required vaccinations at least 10-14 days prior to surgery (DAPP, Bordetella, Rabies).
- Free Microchipping is available with spay/neuter appointment.
Please fill in ALL information below: