Click Donate Today button to have your donation DOUBLED!
****** All adoptions will take place online. Our shelter is closed to the public. ******
Adoption questionnaires will be accepted starting Tues., May 4th at 9:00 am PST. We apologize in advance that everyone seeking a pet will not be able to adopt as we have a limited number of pets.
Adoptable pet photos are posted at the bottom of this page.
Here’s how you can get involved in HSTT’s May the Fourth Be Time$ 2 Campaign, helping homeless pets in our community and beyond...
ADOPTION PROCESS*: See additional instructions and photos below.
- Adoption questionnaires will be accepted starting Tuesday, May 4th at 9:00 am PST. ***** Links to HSTT's Adoption Questionaires will be provided on this page at that time. *****
- Questionnaires will be processed in the order they are received. If you have previously submitted an adoption questionnaire you will need to submit a new questionnaire during the submittal window. Questionnaires submitted before May 4th will not be considered. If you are interested in a specific pet, you will have the option to indicate that on your questionnaire.
- After you've submitted your questionnaire, you will be contacted by a member of the Adoption team by phone/email to inform you of the next steps.
- The adoption fee for puppies is $160.00, kittens $100.00 and dogs $110.00. They are spay/neutered, microchipped and current on vaccinations at time of adoption.
- Adopters will need to be available to pick up their new pet on Tuesday, May 4th or Wednesday May 5th.
Here's another great way to get involved... DOUBLE YOUR DONATION -
May the Fourth Be Time$ 2!
To help us raise much-needed funding, the Latrobe Fund joined forces with another very generous donor to offer $30,000 in matching funds for all donations made on Tuesday, May 4th. That's right! Every dollar will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $30,000, having TWICE the lifesaving impact. AND... make a one-time donation of $125 or more OR sign up to donate $15 or more per month and you’ll be entered to win a $500.00 VISA Gift Card!**
FEEL THE LOVE!
The Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe’s intention on May 4th, and every other day of the year, is to make the world a better place for pets and for people. The only way we’re able to accomplish this lofty goal is through the generosity of our donors, the kindness of our adopters and volunteers and the support of our animal-loving community.
* Adoption questionnaires will be accepted starting Tuesday, May 4th at 9:00 am PST. Please note that submitting your questionnaire does not guarantee the adoption of any pet. ** Two generous supporters donated the $500 VISA gift card featured in our drawing for the specific purpose of raising more life-savings funds.
Click pet's photo you're interested in adopting to read their bio and find link to their specific Adoption Questionnaire.
Our Adoption Questionnaires will be live on Tuesday, May 4th at 9:00 am PST.
For kittens, you will be able to indicate which one you're interested in adopting on the Kitten Adoption Questionnaire.
Adoptable kittens: These cuties are 11 weeks old, super fun and playful and very well socialized. Steu, Blue & Moo are boys. Mew & Pew are girls.