****** All adoptions will take place online. Our shelter is closed to the public. ******
Adoption questionnaires will be accepted starting Tues., December 1st at 8:00 am PST with the application window closing Tues., Dec. 1st at 6:00 pm PST or when we've received 50 adoption questionnaire submissions, whichever comes first. We apologize in advance that everyone seeking a puppy will not be able to adopt as we have a limited number of puppies.
Puppy photos are posted at the bottom of this page.
Here’s how you can get involved in HSTT’s Special Giving Tuesday Campaign, helping homeless pets in our community and beyond...
HSTT has fifteen adorable puppies available for adoption on Tuesday, December 1st. Because our adoption process has been impacted by social distancing recommendations, our Giving Tuesday puppy adoptions will be completed entirely online. From submission of Adoption Questionnaire, to phone meeting with potential adopters, through to curbside pickup of pups on Dec. 1st & 2nd at our animal shelter, HSTT is taking our animal-loving community's safety into careful consideration every step of the way.
- Adoption questionnaires will be accepted starting Tuesday, December 1st at 8:00 am PST with the application window closing Tuesday, December 1st at 6:00 pm PST or when we've received 50 adoption questionnaire submissions, whichever comes first.
- Questionnaires will be processed during that window in the order they are received. If you have previously submitted an adoption questionnaire you will need to submit a new questionnaire during the submittal window. Questionnaires submitted outside of the window will not be considered. If you are interested in a specific puppy you will have the option to indicate that on your questionnaire.
- Once you submit your questionnaire, you will get an email confirmation that your questionnaire was received.
- After the initial confirmation email you will be contacted by an Adoption Specialist by phone/email to inform you of the next steps.
- The adoption fee for puppies is $160.00. They are spay/neutered, microchipped and current on vaccinations at time of adoption.
- Adopters will need to be available for puppy pick up on the afternoon of Tuesday, Dec. 1st or an agreed upon pick up time on Wednesday, Dec. 2nd.
Here's another great way to get involved...
DOUBLE YOUR DONATION!
Because HSTT has and will continue to suffer financial hardship due to a steep decline in donations, program and event income, we need your support more than ever before. To help us raise much-needed funding, one of our very generous donors has offered $75,000 in matching funds for all donations made on Giving Tuesday, Dec. 1st. That's right! Every dollar will be matched dollar-for-dollar, having TWICE the lifesaving impact. AND... make a one-time donation of $150 or more OR sign up to donate $20 or more per month and you’ll be entered to win a $500.00 VISA Gift Card!**
FEEL THE LOVE!
The Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe’s intention on Giving Tuesday, and every other day of the year, is to make the world a better place for pets and for people. The only way we’re able to accomplish this lofty goal is through the generosity of our donors, the kindness of our adopters and volunteers and the support of our animal-loving community.
* Adoption questionnaires will be accepted starting Tuesday, December 1st at 8:00 am PST with the application window closing Tuesday, December 1st at 6:00 pm PST or when we've received 50 adoption questionnaire submissions, whichever comes first. Please note that submitting your questionnaire does not guarantee the adoption of any puppy.
* Under the new CARES Act, taxpayers can now take a deduction for up to $300 in charitable contributions even if they don’t itemize on their 2020 tax form. A generous supporter donated the $500 VISA gift card featured in our drawing for the specific purpose of raising more life-savings funds.
HSTT generally does not speculate on a pet’s breed and/or use breed labels for our animals. We have not received information on what breed the parents are, so your guess on what these pups are a mix of is as good as ours. So let’s look past the breed label and call all our Giving Tuesday puppies sweet little goofballs!
We'll be posting a new puppy photo here every day leading up to Dec., 1st.
Meet the Floofball litter: Juniper and Shirley are girls. We don't know exactly what these puppies are mixed with but their mom is in the 80lb range. Based on their size now and mom's size, our best guess is that these pups will be on the large-XL side once fully grown. However, there’s no way to know for sure.
Meet the Powder Pup litter: Polaris and Kangaroo are girls. We don't know exactly what these puppies are mixed with but their mom is in the 25lb range. Based on their size now and mom's size, our best guess is that these pups will be a bit bigger than mom and will be about medium in size once fully grown. However, there’s no way to know for sure.
Meet Van Ruiten. Van Ruiten is a girl. Because Van was found as a stray, HSTT has no knowledge of her parents and, therefore, cannot determine her breed nor predict her ultimate size. What HSTT does know is that she is approximately 11 wks old, weighs 16 lbs and is very smart, energetic and super sweet.